Friday, June 21, 2013

Introduction of Crystale

       Hello!  My name is Crystale M. Straub-Moyer.  I am a wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend, coach, and teacher.  I am very  busy and very thankful for every day.  Life keeps me busy but I'm truly blessed.  I have  been married to Keith for 12 years.  He is a very hard working and talented man who has a strong passion for hunting.  My son's name is Cole.  He is 6 years old.  Cole has a very kind heart and is very sensitive.  I was fortunate enough to be his Kindergarten teacher this past school year.  My daughter, Cora, is 4 years old.  She has a dimple and lights up a room when she enters it.  She will help you with anything.  In the past, I coached middle school girls basketball and softball.  The last 2 years I coached T-ball.  I have  been teaching for almost 20 years.  I taught Art in grades K-5 in for elementary schools, First Grade, and Kindergarten for 4 year olds.  I am currently teaching Kindergarten.  I graduated with honors from Millersville University with a dual certication in Elementary/Early Childhool Education.
      My summer began by packing up my classroom.  My building is closing so I spent the first week and half cleaning and packing materials.  The last two weeks I spent being a nurse and waitress to my children who had their tonsils and adenoids removed.  This was very painful for them and we have been inside resting.  Today was the first day they were themselves and we played outside most of the day.  The positive side about the last two weeks was I got to read 4 books.  YEAH!  I love to read but don't really have a lot of time with two small children.  I'm almost finished with The Writer's Guide To Everyday Life in the 1800s by Marc McCutcheon.  I'm really enjoying this book as well as Joy Hakem's book.  I'm looking forward to learning more about he 1800s with the Traveling Caravan class next week.  I'm having difficulty getting on the moodle so I hope everyone will be able to read my post.  I look forard to next week and improving my Constitution Learning Centers about the 1800s.  I implemented them for the first time last September and it was a great and memorable unit of study. 

No comments:

Post a Comment